209 group proudly presents client, Ncam, bringing you AR/VR Realtime Camera Tracking for Broadcast, Film, TV & Commercials, Education & Development, and more!
Ncam develops augmented reality technology for the entertainment industries. At the core is a unique camera tracking solution that offers film & TV productions virtual and augmented graphics technology. The device uses a lightweight sensor bar attached to a camera to track natural features in the environment. This allows the camera to move freely in all locations while generating a continuous stream of precise positional and rotational information. This can be used to feed all industry standard graphics engines via Ncam’s powerful and flexible SDK.
Ncam’s multi-award winning patented technology has been utilised by UEFA Champions League (BT Sport), NFC Championship Game (Fox Sports), Monday Night Football (ESPN), X Games (ESPN), Bundesliga (Sky Deutschland), FIFA World Cup 2014 (SWR & ZDF), Super Bowl XLVIII (Fox Sports), Daytona (Fox Sports), Avengers: Age of Ultron (Marvel), Jupiter Ascending (Warner Bros.), Edge of Tomorrow (Warner Bros.) and White House Down (Columbia) and more!
Augmented Reality Technology for the Media & Entertainment Industries
- Instant Real-Time Tracking: No need for time-consuming system calibration or teaching of environment or surveys.
- Multi-Sensor Hybrid Tech: For a robust solution in mission-critical situations, Ncam combines patent-pending multi-sensor technology.
- Ultra Fast Setup and Workflow: User-friendly interface enables super quick automated origin and axis alignment or speedy and interactive manual placement via an image-based modeling module.
- Use Existing Graphics Pipelines: Supports industry standard real-time broadcast graphics engines via the Free-D protocol or Ncam’s SDK.
- Integrated Lens Calibration: Proprietary lens distortion model for all lens types via built-in lens calibration module.
- Lens Encoding: Focal Length, Focus and Iris values via external encoders or direct data from Canon/Fujinon digital virtual ports via smart encoder cable.
- SDK V2 for Custom Integration: The new v2 SDK supports enhanced real-time streaming of data including time code, optical parameters, distortion maps and parametric camera models.
- Copper or Fibre Options: Latest hardware design enables all data to be sent down a single Cat6 Gigabit Ethernet cable. Alternatively, this can easily be converted into fiber via standard media converters.
Ncam’s second-generation camera tracking software offers a massive leap forward in camera tracking capabilities. Ncam Reality generation two software offers unrivaled accuracy, robustness, and flexibility combined with autonomous operator free functionality.